Cooking eggs can be a tricky business, but with a sous vide circulator, you can achieve perfectly hard boiled eggs every time. Here’s how to do it:
- Fill a large pot or container with water and attach your sous vide circulator. Set the temperature to 185°F (85°C) and allow the water to come to temperature.
- Once the water is at the correct temperature, carefully place large eggs directly in the water. Make sure the eggs are fully submerged.
- Cook the eggs for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Less time and the egg yolks will not be cooked through. You will want to add more time for eggs bigger than “Large”.
I have cooked eggs for as long as 4 hours before with no negative effects.
- After 1 hour and 30 minutes, carefully remove the eggs from the water and immediately place them in an ice water bath to cool. This will stop the cooking process and make the eggs easier to peel.
- Once the eggs are cool, gently crack the shells and peel them away if you wish to use them immediately. The eggs should be perfectly hard boiled and ready to be used in your favorite recipes.
If you don’t plan to use the eggs immediately, you can store them unpeeled in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Simply place them in a sealed container and they will be ready to use whenever you need them.
Remember to always use caution when handling hot water and eggs.